Thanks to one of my first blog pals, mom2kiddos of Kiddothings, here is my very first linky!!! If you haven’t visited her blog, you should. She is Malaysian, warm, funny and all there.
So here goes. What are the 10 things young kids should be banned from?
1) Physically hurting other people – kids and adults.
2) Hurting animals.
3) Hurting the environment – using styrofoam, excessive use of plastic materials and disposable diapers, not knowing how to recycle or dispose of waste.
4) Damaging objects – their own belongings, other people’s belongings, including furniture and public property.
5) Being disrespectful to others – any human being is worthy of respect. Domestic helpers and persons of different racial backgrounds deserve a special mention.
6) Consuming unhealthy food on a regular basis – foods with artificial flavouring, colouring, preservatives and additives, nitrate-laden burgers, sausages, nuggets, french fries, Kentucky Fried Chicken. Add to the list sweets, ice-cream, sugar-laden commercial cereal, sugary drinks (including Milo!) (save the occasional bites and gulps at birthday parties …), too much cooked food – eat ’em veggies raw, go on, eat ’em raw!
7) Activities that discourage critical thinking – reading foul and brain-deadening literature, rote-learning educational systems, watching TV and playing computer games every single day until they can’t live without it.
8 ) Activities that actively or unwittingly encourage violence, racism and mono-cultural bias.
9) Activities detrimental to physical health – sleeping too late, eating excessively, couch potato-ism.
10) Activities that actively or unwittingly breed the following ideologies: “A’s are everything”, “I am better than everyone else”, “I deserve the best and nothing but the best”, “Life is fair” and “There is no God but me” ….. because A’s aren’t everything, there will always be someone better than you, you don’t always deserve the best because life isn’t perfect, life isn’t fair, there is a God and it sure ain’t you!
There, now! 🙂
What’s your list? Go link it up with mom2kiddos.