Piglet’s just turned 10 months old and has been keeping me real busy. Welllll …. to be fair, it isn’t just him. There’s Puppy, always with a hop, skip and a jump, and Lamb who sticks to me like velcro besides.
Hence my 2 week break from blogging recently..
… Piglet …
1) Piglet’s a super butt-scooter. I’m in no hurry for him to walk.
Take your time, Piglet, and just be. Mama’s watching the baby years disappear WAAAYY too fast..
2) He’s tried going out of the bedroom while my back was turned. Just to find out what made his siblings disappear out of the door in such a hurry.
Don’t forget to shut the insect screen door behind you, P.
3) He gets into stuff.
Of course, Piglet, you should.
4) Note: I have no time (or interest) in ensuring that he wears “boys bibs”. Grab whatever on hand. That’s survival.
You won’t mind, Piglet, I’m sure. You’re more Big Picture than that!.
5) He picks up and attempts to eat all my mama-failings (aka. dirt) left on the floor because I crash into bed without vacuuming the evening before.
Gulp! Nothing major I hope..
6) He’s extremely interested in any kind of floor cleaning activity – sweeping, mopping, vacuuming. He wants to be carried whenever I do it, and starts whimpering whenever I stop. Watching the broom handle go back and forth is totally intriguing.
Oh yeah. Mama gets some good strength training while she cleans. Crack the whip, baby!
That explains the no-blogging of 2 weeks.
Oh yes, I’ve said that already. See? I’m losing it a little.
It’s Friday!! I’m in love.
(Sorry, The Cure is ringing in my head.).
7) His favourite food these days is any kind of fruit (durian excepting) and cheese on toast. He’s tried an interesting array of food, including Indian food like thosai, naan bread, and palak paneer. Two weeks ago, he got into some homemade pizza and loved it.
Yeah. Go on. Eat with your wee hands.
And try some dahl this weekend..
8) He’s still breastfeeding without a hint of formula over the horizon.
I’m not quite sure what to say about that, P. Enjoy it as long as it lasts.
And try to stop biting me there..
9) He belly laughs and has a rollicking sense of humour.
I love your laughing face, P. I can’t wait for your first joke..
10) Sometimes, he wakes up and says, “Ehh???” Like, where did YOU disappear to, Mama?? You left me to hang dry in the cold! If I’m next to him and give him the slightest glance, all the sunshine of a million mornings appears on his face.
There’s so much more to you, Piglet. You’re every bit a darling.
Want a little brother or sister to play with?
(Well now. That last bit was just to shock you, dear readers. Happy weekend!)